ehlo.
The last couple of days have been really hectic. I went to the stinky METS game on Wednesday with my sisters and my dad. The only thing I like about the METS is the orange vintage looking baseball caps they sell in the shop. That's about it. The game ended up being a disaster for me at the end as I got lost on the subway and had to take multiple trains for a total of 3 hours to get back home to good 'ol Jersey.
On work:
The girl I am replacing was finally replaced, and I began working by myself (at last!) for all of Thursday and Friday. I like this much better. I am still going to laugh inside my head at my new colleagues and how 95% of their work involves computers and simple systems that can be learned in little time and how they still can't manage to turn a computer on or open a word document. Seriously. Thursday morning, the windows welcome screen "press ctl + alt + delete to sign in" really perturbed them so much that they have manage to waste an hour of my precious life by screaming on top of their lungs on how much they hate "B" for locking everyone out of the computer. I feel sorry for them.
On Life:
Well, my parents are a tad bit mad at me right now. MY father is so rude to me and so emotionally unavailable that I got so mad at him and warned that I wouldn't take care of him when he is old and brittle for making me suffer emotionally/mentally for all of these years. I'm not sure if he means to hurt me so much, or even knows if he is hurting me, but his upbringing (and lack of father and mother) is probably the cause of his constant neglect and root cause of his lack of sensitivity. My mom's menopause isn't helping either. She is constantly bitching over how I am "ungrateful" and "mal agradecida" (her words exactly). Look, IF I WERE ACTUALLY UNGRATEFUL, I definitely wouldn't be visiting home all the time, buying them small tokens of appreciation, calling them 4x a day. The fact is I am very grateful for my upbringing. Though it led me to basically go from child to adult and lacked the love and tenderness I needed, the truth is it actually made me into the person I am today. It prepared me for life and taught me how to take care of myself--emotionally, mentally and physically. So dad and Mom...I'm sorry to say such horrible words. But the truth is that when you two are old and brittle, I'll probably be the only one out of your 5 wonderful children to take you in and take care of you because of the shit you put us all into. And I'm very grateful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, just stumbled into your blog while browsing and I'm really enjoying it. I run a home daycare and it is so frustrating to see how some of these parents treat their kids...yet I feel so helpless to stop the trainwreck. Poor kids. It sounds like you may have had a similar upbringing. :(
Post a Comment